Author Topic: Poems and writings to encourage ...  (Read 9929 times)

Offline David

• View Profile
Poems and writings to encourage ...
« on: March 05, 2018, 11:09:51 PM »
This poem comes to you, slightly edited from the original - the original was penned by Irena Dunleavey, who was born in Ireland.

It was titled:

God made me to be a mother

One of God's most precious gifts, given from above,
Is wrapped up in a blanket, and born out of love.

A very special task is given to a wife,
To help to shape and mold this tiny baby's life.

Nursing her through illness, wiping up her tears,
Telling bedtime stories, chasing away her fears.

Daily asking Jesus for the patience and the wisdom,
To bring out the best in this tiny creation.

Loving unconditionally as she watched her grow,
Training her up in the way she should go.

Learning to cope with the changes from 'boy to man',
Knowing that for this life, God has a purpose and a plan.

Loving her enough to break the ties to let her go,
Trusting that all she taught her, would continue to show.

This wife has grown so much, just from teaching another,
Her privilege has been great, God made her to be A MOTHER.

Irena Dunleavey

I asked Irena if I could have a copy to give out and to put up on the web and if it was ok to edit it a bit ... like here I did changing 'him' to 'her', etc... to make it more personal to each ... Irena said yes ...  I asked Irena to date and sign, with her name, each poem that she said that the Lord gave her.

You may like to also see the below relevant text copied from Proverbs 31

10  Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11  The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12  She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13  She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14  She is like the merchants’ ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15  She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16  She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
17  She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
18  She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
19  She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
20  She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21  She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22  She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23  Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24  She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25  Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26  She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27  She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28  Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29  Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30  Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
31  Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:51:39 PM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
Re: Poems and writings to encourage ...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 11:11:32 PM »
This following is an electronic text copy of Irena's original poem

God made me to be a mother

One of God's most precious gifts, given from above,
Is wrapped up in a blanket, and born out of love.

A very special task is given to a wife,
To help to shape and mold this tiny baby's life.

Nursing him through illness, wiping up his tears,
Telling bedtime stories, chasing away his fears.

Daily asking Jesus for the patience and the wisdom,
To bring out the best in this tiny creation.

Loving unconditionally as she watches him grow,
Training him up in the way that he should go.

Learning to cope with the changes from 'boy to man',
Knowing for this life, God has a purpose and a plan.

Loving him enough to break the ties to let him go,
Trusting that all she taught him, would continue to show.

This wife has grown so much, just from teaching another,
Her privilege has been great, God made her to be a mother.

Irena Dunleavey 1977
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 11:10:06 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 11:16:43 PM »
And below, please find a fresh inspiration for dads:

God made me to be a dad, a grampa, a poppa, a dad's dad, and an uncle too ...

In the beginning, the Father of all, made the heaven and the earth.
On day six, after all was prepared, God, from the red soil, to Adam gave birth.

Then Adam was the origin of Eve, and putting Adam into a deep sleep,
A most lovely lady was brought forth from next to Adam's heart, to help Adam this earth to keep.

Now all went very well until the day,
A serpent came to Eve to lie ... and to steal her joy away.
And though Eve, and Adam too, did then succumb,
A most glorious, already planned out mystery, from the Creator's mouth, these words were wrung:
“Though the serpent may still for a time, at your heels cause pain and distress,
  One born from woman, will, one day, give all this glorious creation, restoration and perfect rest.”

It was always in the Father's heart, that each husband love his own wife as Messiah loved us and gave Himself for us,
And to bring up his children with ever growing joy and never any big fuss.

But sin had already soiled the hearts of all us dads to be,
So, in our place, being lifted up on that horror filled day at Calvary,
Jesus redeemed us all captive to the serpent, and set us free,
And this is the focus of all His-Story!

Thus ... now we dads, and dad's dads too,
Have a most delightful job to do,
To every more tenderly speak and be,
Like the Father of us all, each time we are privileged to have our children's company!

Foot Notes:

1) Jesus, so lovingly shares with us ... If we are to call upon the Father in Heaven, we are to be like our Father in Heaven, who ... makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. (Matthew 5:24)

2) Darren and Tirzah made me to be a grampa, Jana and Michael made me to be a poppa, and Bonnie and Matthew made me to be a dad's dad.

3) Years ago, shortly after the death of my dad, and while I was then staying, for a time with my mom, I began to think about writing a brief booklet, titled: 7 TIPS TO BECOMING A GOOD FATHER ... this was after I had come face to face with the idea of abandoning, my then, 3 living children ... that temptation was after the death of our daughter, Tamara Jane ... and then, 2 weeks later, being cast out from our home.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:46:24 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 11:20:19 PM »
> Dad, good outline so far.
>
> I can tell the writing is of good quality.  That, I
> suspect is largely due to the fact that it came
> straight from Biblical text, which indeed is important.
> However, if you want the reader to be drawn in so that
> they can identify with you, the writing must be more
> personal.  I am NOT saying that you have to leave out
> any of your grounding ideas; I am saying that you will
> need to couple your firepower with personal, more
> associable images.  You can continue to develop your
> ideas on where you think you have struggled and where
> you have emerged through difficulty.  I think it would
> be great not only for getting the readers attention,
> but for the more personal (family) readers if you were
> to let these personal connections coincide with what
> you're trying to say.  This way, you wouldn't get
> people like Mike and Tirzah saying you left things out
> and you also wouldn't make people who are already in a
> bad position feel hopeless, (not to say that you are,
> or were ever hopeless!!!)
>
> But, generally speaking, ... people will be shocked.
> But consider this: They won't be shocked if they don't
> read it ...  They won't read it if it's all Biblical
> quotations.  They'll think ...  typical Dad.  So
> consider being very personal, but not, uncomfortable,
> this might be the only way to catch the interest of
> "all".      Ø m~

Thanks Matt,

You have an excellent gift of encouraging editorship, etc. ... If you have some time ... dig in and add, delete, re arrange, whatever ...

I recall some years ago when my friend Ian Taylor did some tough editing to some letters, one even to the Prime Minister, and I saw a big improvement in readability, and so ... possibly in reception then ... too.

Following, is a fresh update for you. Most scriptures are now in an appendix for easy reference.

I love you.  Here goes ...

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 11:21:06 PM »
7 TIPS

TO BECOMING

A GOOD FATHER

(BE LIKE THE BEST DAD OF ALL)

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 11:23:20 PM »
7 TIPS TO BECOMING

A GOOD FATHER

from

THE BEST DAD OF ALL - THE FATHER IN HEAVEN

searched out and compiled by a former flunky

To my 3 son's:

Darren, my son-in-law, who first made me a grandpa,

Michael, who gave me my first grand-son and second grand-daughter,

and

Matthew, who is the Benjamin in my life, and gave me my second grand-son and third grand-daughter.

7 QUICK KEYS:

LOVE YOUR WIFE

YOU ARE MINE

BE DEPENDABLY GOOD

BE AN EXAMPLE

BE ENJOYABLE

BE HUMBLE

BE LIKE THE BEST DAD OF ALL
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 11:18:23 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 11:25:16 PM »
7 TIPS TO BECOMING A GOOD FATHER

Introduction

The storybook wedding was past. Darren and Tirzah were now living with the day to day stuff ... when it happened!  Surprise! Tirzah was expecting a baby. I would be a grandpa next summer. But I was still struggling with being a dad.

Aren't you glad for friends who give you books just when needed? A few months earlier, I had received a book with Examples of Top Dads from Bud O'Connor. As I waded into it I remember thinking, Too bad I hadn't studied this much earlier. Now, to get these insights to my son in-law BEFORE THIS BABY IS BORN ...

About 3 years later, another happy surprise. Michael and Jana were expecting. Where is that book Darren? Well, somehow, in the moving from house to house perhaps, that book disappeared. And after several searches ... why I had even promised that book to other young families … it occurred to me that there might be a place for another book, one not from a great successful dad, but from a repentant dad, one who had faced abandoning his family, but returned to attempt to be a dad that his children might like to have around a little.

(Please continue on at Chapter One - Seven Tips ... dad)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:24:39 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 11:27:41 PM »
Chapter One - Seven Tips dad

Husbands, love your wives, even as Messiah also loved the church, and gave Himself for her. (Ephesians 5:25)

When the going gets tough, it has been said, then the tough get going. But I had not been such a great success under even easy conditions. What would I do now? 

The doorbell was insistent. The young man looked frantic ... Your daughter's been in an accident down at the corner of Highway 7 and Village Parkway. Your wife sent me up with her car to tell you. I am to stay with your son and you are to drive back in her car right now.

Six day's later … Tammy's heart gave out. 

Three weeks later ... I found myself out too.

I had always thought that I had loved my wife and children. I often thought of how rich I was to have a beautiful wife, a tall handsome son, two beautiful daughters, and now Matthew, our promise and hope for our future. But I was about to be made to see that it had been mostly a selfish sort of love. I never could have even begun to imagine what was ahead for me in the next many years. And just as well, because it would have been impossible for me to contemplate.

Oh, we had had some problems, but none more than the average I had thought, that is until I was almost killed 7 years earlier, in 1979, in a airplane crash; (17 had died, I was one of only 7 that survived).  But I thought that the worst was behind us, and we were working things out together. Even earlier that day, the day that Tammy was struck down, Bonnie and I had taken Matthew to Lake Simcoe together. Our conversation that day included retirement plans for Bonnie's parents. We looked at some lake side houses, even talking of going back into debt together, to buy a retirement home for Bonnie's dad and mom. My health was finally improved to the point that I was back to work. The bills were all paid now. There was money in the bank. We had annuity income as well even.

But something BIG was amiss which I WAS BLIND TO SEEing THEN ...

Let me give an analogy that may aid in showing this:

You are about to build a house. Your house is to have most of the modern conveniences: water and sewage, showers, gas, heat, electricity, air-conditioning, telephone, fax, cable, internet, ...

Now everything above the ground looks pretty good but the foundation of that house was skimped on, maybe even cheated on, and now there are some cracks opening up, even some big ones.

If you can SEE this, and if you know that earthquakes, even little ones, regularly come, then wouldn’t you prudently begin to sink down piles to properly shore up and undergird your house sufficiently through every historically known quake?  Otherwise, what good would all the wires and pipes and gas and sewage and water do when your house caves in, even at the next little quake, because of a faulty foundation?

The foundation of every FAMILY is the relationship between dad and mom. Not only has this to be founded properly, but also to be well maintained. The waiting for each other before marriage will produce excellent fruit of waiting for each other after you are married too.

REAL love waits a long time, and is kind, one thoughtful and inspired writer penned ... it is NOT pushy ...  is NOT demanding its own way … is gentle.

Tirzah and Darren, do you remember these words found in 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 that were read so eloquently at your gorgeous, even ethereal wedding?  I see now that it is not just the talking about of this true text that establishes a rock solid foundation ... but the doing of it.

Please continue on in Chapter Two - Seven Tips dad

So ... FIRST FOUNDATION STONE FOR YOUR CHILD

I have chosen your mom, and your mom only to be my wife as long as I live and so I have set my love upon you and 'mom' to faithfully live for you and to be only good, kind, tender hearted and forgiving to you just as God, in Messiah, has set His love upon me. I will love you just as Messiah has loved me and will give myself in providing for you just as Messiah did give Himself for me.

FIRST QUICK KEY:  LOVE YOUR WIFE
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 01:12:02 PM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 11:41:50 PM »
Chapter Two - Seven Tips dad

What God has joined together ... can man separate?

I am your father!

We were on the third pitch. Matt was leading. Matt shouted down, Dad, do you have the book?  Where does it say to go from here?

Three years earlier, as Matt was nearing his twelfth birthday, Matt and I seemed to have reached an anguishing impasse. Good thing that Mike was back in Toronto for the summer after his year at university in Calgary. It was so good to see him. From the time Mike was little I found myself confiding in Michael about so much, and again I needed his help. Mike, what can I do with Matt that he will enjoy so that he and I might have some good times together? Dad, Michael instantly gave back, take him rock climbing.

I really had no idea what I was getting into, and just as well ... but now what? ... Matt shouted down again, Dad, what does the book say?

Seasoned climbers had put up this route years earlier and there was a sketch and some instructions in the book.  But as I looked up to where Matt was, I really couldn't see the route … NOT any route … especially NOT one that I might be able to handle. I absolutely needed to stay on the route in the book. That was at the limit of my ability and strength in previous outdoor climbs. Although Matt and I had both started rock climbing together when Matt was 12, Matt was so much superior a climber to me. He was the leader and I was the belayer and seconder. Matt put the gear in as he went up.  When he had set up one of his bomber anchors, I would climb up to him, taking out his gear. I then tied in to his anchor and gave him all the gear, so that he could do the next pitch of the climb.

But Matt needed to get to the top … first. There was no going down for me now … So Matt needed to find and keep on the route that we first started out on.

Dad, read it one more time. What does the book say. 

He had to be sure ... and mostly for my sake too.

Your children need to be sure. They need to know for sure that you do love them ... and no matter what ... you are their dad. And so you assure, with your words AND actions, that you do love them, again and again and again ...

Especially at the impasses ... your children need to know that a seasoned dad before you has shown you the way, and this well tested and proven way really will get us, our family, all safely to the top, if we just keep to the route in the book ... 

Some have wandered off route and there was no solid anchor there to hold them, and so when the path become too difficult, have fallen to their death.

Matt shouted, I think I see the route now... and then in a few more breath withholding minutes on my part, I saw him summit. And Matt, what a wonderful son, had even taken the time to put in extra gear in the rock to aid my climb just in case I needed it.

Dad's, we need to take the route that seasoned dads before have taken ... so all our children can safely and exhilaratingly get to the top.

SECOND FOUNDATION STONE FOR YOUR CHILD

So you, our precious child(ren), are mine. What God has joined together, man can NOT separate. I am your father.

SECOND QUICK KEY:  YOU ARE MINE

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 11:15:42 AM »
Chapter Three - Seven Tips dad

Devising a way to bring back the banished ... (2 Samuel 14:13, 14)

Mike had taken off. Or was it that I had caused him to leave ... He was only 17 that summer, and how I wanted him back. Next year could be so important. This would be Mike's last year in high school and then off to college. Little did I know then that this was to be our last year together as a family: Tammy was starting a brand new high school for grade 9; Mike and Tirzah would be together at Markham High School;  Bonnie was working part time; I was still off work recovering from the after effects of my plane wreck, and not yet so appreciative of all the time I was able to be together with each one.

But Mike came back in the fall that year and then had a successful final year in high school. I knew that I had been much too hard on him and so in some beginning way, attempted to show my sincerity to make it up to him with interest.

How sad it is that sometimes, we don't realize how badly we have been behaving until some crisis blows it up right in our face. Michael was our first and so it seems that Michael has born the brunt more then the rest of all our children, of all my mistakes.

It is time now to try to make it up to him, and Jana and Logan too ... (and McKinley, you were yet a wonderful surprise to be when I had written the above ... and so too were you, Theodore and Isla !!! )

Dear Jana,

Thank you for being a gentle daughter and speaking softly to make me aware of your concerns and issues that I need(ed) to further understand and address.  My goal is to be only a kind and tenderhearted grampa, faithfully patient and easily entreated too. Please feel free to remind me of this my commitment to you at any time.

I so appreciate your patience and gentle affection and your desire for honesty and fairness.

When I see you Jana, and Logan and Michael together, I am reminded of that wonderful gift of life ... and the hope we share ... that Logan will always be lovingly responsive to you, not only for your pleasure, but especially for his own good and well being.

Our dear little Logan, who is so blessed with excellent health, surging strength, and keen mind, and who is also so joyful and affectionate, even at this tender age is already beginning to experience the benefits of over-coming some of his feelings as you patiently feed him and try to combine that right mix of opportune time and food with his real need, of what to eat and of what to avoid.

I sense that just as God has graciously given you a wonderful little boy in hope that you would love and enjoy him, He will also provide for that loving response too.

With more and more of His love for you,

grampa

P.S.   One of my favorite verses seems to convey all the above so succinctly:

We love Him because He first loved us.

May you continue to experience and see and know His love for you.

THIRD FOUNDATION STONE FOR YOUR CHILD

You can expect God's faithful goodness to you from me.

THIRD QUICK KEY:  BE PREDICTABLY GOOD

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:32:48 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 11:29:53 AM »
Chapter Four (A) - Seven Tips dad

BE AN EXAMPLE

Let no one dispise your youth;
BE AN EXAMPLE in word and in deed
of love out of a pure heart
and of a good conscience
and of a faith unfeigned.

Here is a child's song that we do well as adults to learn and model:

Oh be careful little eyes what you see,
Oh be careful little eyes what you see,
For the Father up above,
Is looking down in love,
Oh be careful little eyes what you see.

Oh be careful little ears what you hear,
Oh be careful little ears what you hear,
For the Father up above,
Is looking down in love,
Oh be careful little ears what you hear.

Oh be careful little hands what you do,
Oh be careful little hands what you do,
For the Father up above,
Is looking down in love,
Oh be careful little hands what you do.

Oh be careful little feet where you go,
Oh be careful little feet where you go,
For the Father up above,
Is looking down in love,
Oh be careful little feet where you go.

My father modeled this for me ...Oh that I might model this for my children too.

You new dads:  there are little eyes and ears and hearts drinking in every word and action  ... Even when no one seems to be looking, you are conditioning your heart either towards your children or away from them.... Oh be careful ...

FOURTH FOUNDATION STONE FOR YOUR CHILD

I will show you the path that leads to life.  Since no test can come to you except that which is common to man, I will be faithful in preparing you so that you might experience God's faithfulness to those who trust in Him; thus, you would never be tested beyond what you are able to bear, but when you're tested, you will find His Way and Truth and Life, ... even in Abundance.

FOURTH QUICK KEY:  BE AN EXAMPLE
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 10:58:21 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 11:36:58 AM »
Chapter Four (B) - Seven Tips dad

Also ... by every word that comes from the mouth of God

This section features one special dad and mom, John and (my little sister) Wendy, and their first delightful daughter, Lara, ...

Lara was born with a particular dietary requirement to facilitate healthy nerve growth and maturation. Lara, mom and dad, have faithfully followed the proscribed foods. One lunch, as Lara visited Gramma Zavitz, I was impressed with her simple but nutritious meal, ... and even more, especially with Lara's quiet acceptance … and radiant health.

Dads, in this present topsy-turvy world we live in, we too, to facilitate healthy nerve growth and maturation for ourselves and our children, need to faithfully follow the particular dietary requirement of The Great Physician, who said, man does not live by bread alone but by ever word that comes from the mouth of God.

So there are some foods to avoid entirely, some to choose in moderation, and some to plentifully supply the needed nutrients for healthy growth.

Can we co-operate with our designer and our children's heavenly parent in this?

May I show you the path that leads to life?

Since no test can come to you except that which is common to man, I will be faithful in preparing you so that you might experience God's faithfulness to those who trust in Him; thus, you would never be tested beyond what you are able to bear, but when you're tested, you will find His Way and Truth and Life, ... even in Abundance.

Here are some vital nutrients. For healthy growth … study, memorize and put into practice these next two pages so that you and your children might be abundantly filled with life, and thus be enabled to live through every trial:

The Height of Folly  vs  Wisdom

or

Just Hearing These Words  vs  Living Them Out

Luke 6:20-49

20. And he [Yeshua / Jesus] lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said,
       Blessed [be ye] poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
 21  Blessed [are ye] that hunger now: for ye shall be filled.
       Blessed [are ye] that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
 22  Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you,
       and when they shall separate you [from their company]
       and shall reproach [you], and cast out your name as evil,
       for the Son of man's sake.
 23  Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward [is] great in   
       heaven for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
 24  But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
 25  Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger.
       Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
 26  Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you!
       for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
 27  But I say unto you which hear,
       Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
 28  Bless them that curse you,
       and pray for them which despitefully use you.
 29  And unto him that smiteth thee on the [one] cheek offer also the other;
       and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not [to take thy] coat also
30  Give to every man that asketh of thee;
      and of him that taketh away thy goods ask [them] not again.
 31  And as ye would that men should do to you,
       do ye also to them likewise.
 32  For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye?
       for sinners also love those that love them.
 33  And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye?
       for sinners also do even the same.
 34  And if ye lend [to them] of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye?
       for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
 35  But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again;
      and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest:
       for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil.
 36  Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
 37. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged:
       condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned:
       forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
 38  Give, and it shall be given unto you
       good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over,
       shall men give into your bosom.
       For with the same measure that ye mete withal
       it shall be measured to you again.
39  And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind?
      shall they not both fall into the ditch?
40  The disciple is not above his master:
       but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
41  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye,
       but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
42  Either how canst thou say to thy brother,
       Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye,
       when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
       Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye,
      and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
43  For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit;
       neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
44  For every tree is known by his own fruit.
       For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they 
       grapes.
45   A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is
       good;
       and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which
       is evil:
       for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
46  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
47  Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them,
      I will shew you to whom he is like:
48  He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep,
       and laid the foundation on a rock:
       and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and 
       could not shake it:
       for it was founded upon a rock.
49  But he that heareth, and doeth not,
       is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth;
       against which the stream did beat vehemently,
       and immediately it fell;
       and the ruin of that house was great.

Psalms 1

1  Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the  ungodly,
      nor standeth in the way of sinners
      nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
  2  But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD;
      and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
  3  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
      that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
      his leaf also shall not wither;
      and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
  4  The ungodly [are] not so:
      but [are] like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
  5  Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
      nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
  6  For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous:
      but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

...that you might experience God's faithfulness to those who trust in Him; thus, you would never be tested beyond what you are able to bear, but when you're tested, you will draw closer to the Salvation of God, Yeshua (Jesus), and find Him to be The Way, The Truth and The Life, ... even in Abundance.

Yes dads, ... we EITHER build on a rock solid foundation ... OR … we build on sand!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 11:42:55 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 11:44:43 AM »
Chapter Five - Seven Tips dad

BE JOYFULL

FIFTH FOUNDATION STONE FOR YOUR CHILD

In my presence may you find fullness of joy, and at my right hand, pleasures for evermore. This is only because the Lord is teaching me to live in His presence and to taste His delight, ... and so I delight in your presence, ... and in you.

Many months, (and years now even), have passed since I last sat down to write the above. I sensed that I needed more practice before attempting to write on ...

Well, here goes ...

Well, I still need much more practice ... but can you see that I REALLY DO ENJOY YOU AND BEING WITH YOU?   

And Lord, can You?

In HIS presence IS fullness of joy,
and at HIS right hand are pleasures forevermore.

FIFTH QUICK KEY:  BE JOYFULL

Are your children glad to see you?
Are you really glad to see them?
Are you in God's presence when you are with them?
(Like Jacob was, when he saw his brother Esau?)

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 11:48:15 AM »
Chapter Six - Seven Tips dad

SIXTH FOUNDATION STONE FOR YOUR CHILD

BE HUMBLE

Since God gives grace to the humble but resists the proud, and since pride goes before a fall, and I do not want you to fall as I have, I will be teachable, be correctable, be a learner. I will submit myself to God and resist the devil so that he will flee from us. I will draw close to God so that God will draw close to us. I will humble myself under God's mighty hand and in due season, He will lift us up.

Pride goes before a fall.

So ...

SIXTH QUICK KEY:  BE HUMBLE

Are you easily entreated by your children?

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 11:49:59 AM »
Chapter Seven - Seven Tips dad

SEVENTH FOUNDATION STONE FOR YOUR CHILD

BE LIKE THE BEST DAD OF ALL

I will be like my Father in heaven. Our Father in heaven is GOOD! He rewards those who diligently seek Him. Our Father in heaven is long suffering, kind, and merciful, ... to the wicked and ungrateful. Our Father wants none to perish but all to come to a knowledge of the truth and thus to escape the trap of the devil. He gave us His own Son to be our accessible Way to Him, our assured Truth from Him, and our abundant Life ever springing up fresh from Him. Yes, our God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, ... that whosoever would believe in Him would not perish but have everlasting life ... not sending His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world, through Him might be saved. 

As The Father has sent me, (Jesus said), so (might) I send you ...

Please see appendix 2 ...

SO YES, ... NOW, … MAY HE, OUR WONDERFUL COUNSELOR, OUR FAITHFUL FRIEND, OUR EVERLASTING FATHER, ... MAY HE EVEN NOW TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS TO THE CHILDREN, AND THE HEARTS OF THE CHILDREN TO THEIR FATHERS, ... BEFORE HE COMES.  AMEN.  (Malachi 4:6)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:08:57 PM by David »