Author Topic: The Roman Road ...  (Read 5284 times)

Offline David

• View Profile
The Roman Road ...
« on: April 07, 2019, 03:58:51 AM »
Dear family and friends,

Recently, my 56 year old nephew, suddenly died with NO signs of distress ... NO warning ... this has given me and my family 'pause' ...

and I was reminded again about that prayer of Moses, recorded for us all in Psalm 90 :  http://developers-heaven.net/forum/index.php/topic,2637.msg3278.html#msg3278 

because my father often reminded me to ponder this part of that prayer (made personal here):

So, teach me to number my days so that I might apply my heart to wisdom.

In light of this ... please see carefully the following:

There is a 'Roman Road' that my 'big sister' reminded me about, recently, that we would like to share with you via this web page:

In Paul's letter to the church at Rome,
We find (an overview of) the way to the Heavenly Home.

Some of these verses are special as can be,
And so the 'Roman Road' ... PLEASE...  DO SEE!

This 'Roman Road' is very close, these days, to my heart,
Now ... here (below) ... is where this heaven blessed journey starts ...

(by Donna Jean Zavitz - 2019 at age 84 - slightly edited for this page.)

Did you know that Heaven sees ALL and thus says that ...

1)
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: ... all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:10,23)

2)
"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12)

BUT here is really GOOD NEWS ...

3)
"... scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. ... if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." (Romans 5:7,8,10)

4)
"... the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

5)
" ... if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9,10)

P.S. You may also want to see:
(Go to: Ask the Author)
http://developers-heaven.net/forum/index.php/topic,2587.0.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 06:45:04 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
Re: The Roman Road ...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 12:09:43 AM »
Psalm 90

1  [A Prayer of Moses the man of God.] Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
2  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou [art] God.
3  Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.
4  For a thousand years in thy sight [are but] as yesterday when it is past, and [as] a watch in the night.
5  Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are [as] a sleep: in the morning [they are] like grass [which] groweth up.
6  In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down, and withereth.

7  For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled.
8  Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret [sins] in the light of thy countenance.
9  For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale [that is told].
10  The days of our years [are] threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength [they be] fourscore years, yet [is] their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
11  Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, [so is] thy wrath.

12  So teach [us] to number our days, that we may apply [our] hearts unto wisdom.
13  Return, O LORD, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants.
14  O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
15  Make us glad according to the days [wherein] thou hast afflicted us, [and] the years [wherein] we have seen evil.
16  Let thy work appear unto thy servants, and thy glory unto their children.
17  And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

Offline David

• View Profile
Re: The Roman Road ...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 12:13:51 AM »
Psalm 91 follows naturally ... with great encouragement ... at the end:

1  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2  I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3  Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, [and] from the noisome pestilence.
4  He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.
5  Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; [nor] for the arrow [that] flieth by day;
6  [Nor] for the pestilence [that] walketh in darkness; [nor] for the destruction [that] wasteth at noonday.
7  A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; [but] it shall not come nigh thee.
8  Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9   Because thou hast made the LORD, [which is] my refuge, [even] the most High, thy habitation;
10  There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11  For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12  They shall bear thee up in [their] hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13  Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14  Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15  He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I [will be] with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16  With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

P.S.

You may also want to see:

http://developers-heaven.net/forum/index.php/topic,2587.0.html
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 12:19:48 AM by David »