Author Topic: Free Beginning Bible Study/Getting to know the Heavenly Author series ...  (Read 64548 times)

Offline David

• View Profile
Update: FREE homework help NOW available ...

You can contact me via:
http://sites.google.com/site/andeveryeyeshallseehim/home/he-comes

You may also like to see these pages:
http://developers-heaven.net/forum/index.php/topic,2628.0.html
(go to Ask the Author/FAKE NEWS)

http://developers-heaven.net/forum/index.php/topic,2631.0.html
(go to Ask the Author/Breakfast ... it's time to feed at Jesus Feet ...)

http://developers-heaven.net/forum/index.php/topic,2634.0.html
(go to Ask the Author/Poems and writings to encourage)

I've been thinking recently about developing a free Beginning Bible Study/Getting to know the Heavenly Author series ... to put up on the web and to link it to my Beginning Computer Programming links ... and this seems more important each day ... as the day of the return of Yeshua/Jesus draws near.

This is the 'gist' of the start ...

How does one get to know the will of God (for their life) ?

1. Firstly, one needs to get to know God, and that will take some time ... with Him ... and seeing how wise He is ... how graciously wonderful is His gift of an assured salvation by faith in Yeshua/Jesus ... and how good His advice/laws/commands really are ... by personally experiencing the results of doing what He says ... or the devastation that comes by contravening His Laws that govern all His creation.

0. But, even before that, one needs to see that all the Creation points to an awesome and faithful Creator ... who, in the beginning, created the heaven and the earth ... and made us in such a way that we can and need to know our Creator ... and so then ... will know His amazing Love and gift of an assured eternal salvation in Yeshua/Jesus...  real life ... and love ... and purpose ... even for all eternity ahead.

2. Thus, our Creator has provided a very available written record of His acts in History, and a sure guide of things to come ... in The Book of Books, (like no other book), the Holy Bible ...and the Bible provides many instances of His general will .... and specific will for our lives ... and as He promised, He has preserved His Word for us, and will preserve it forever ... just as God has promised to preserve forever the ones who receive His Gift of Salvation, Yeshua/Jesus ... and believe His Word.

3. Also, as Yeshua/Jesus promised, the Holy Spirit of God has come ... and will forever abide with/in and teach anyone who really wants to know, so as TO DO, the will of God. Note these encouraging words of Jesus recorded in Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?  ... and further explained in Acts 5:32 ... And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Just a start ... your comments and questions are welcome.

Shalom shalom,

David
--
dwzavitz@gmail.com
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 05:42:52 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
Let's jump right in and listen to the inspired words given to us via the beloved Apostle John about the Eternal Logos - the very WORD of GOD who was there in the beginning and who also spoke, as recorded by Moses in Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

What power is this that commands ...and there comes into being?

You computer programmers understand something of the power of a computer procedure or function or program call ... but what POWER is this that so commands even the coming into existence of everything ... by HIS WORD?

So let's stand in awe of this WORD as revealed to us in John chapter 1: (note: the 'John' referred to by the Apostle John, in chapter 1, is 'John the Baptist')

1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2  The same was in the beginning with God.
3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4  In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6  There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7  The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8  He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9  That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10  He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11  He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power [authority] to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Let's note: 

- All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

and especially ...

- Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God
- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Thus note well: those who have been (re)born (as Jesus said, we must be born again) of the will of God are those who take this Eternal Logos, Yeshua/Jesus, for Who He really is ... the I AM, and as Yeshua/Jesus declares to us in John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.

And so we can see that our BIG SIN is that we do NOT acknowledge our vital need of God's promised Salvation/Saviour ... Yeshua/Jesus.  Note these further words from Yeshua to this effect regarding the leading task of His Holy Spirit now acting in His Place here on Earth: John 16:

8  And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Note also that the Apostle John was converted from being an angry young man ... as he personally witnessed and ... beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth ... to being 'the Apostle of love' ... who later writes in 1 John 4:11:

Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

And ... in  John 20:

30  And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
31  But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

So ... if we really want to have life ... it is well worth our time to get to KNOW Messiah(Christ) Yeshua(Jesus the salvation of God and God our Saviour) and so well beloved Son of God ... and so will then know who Yeshua really IS ... as He said in John 10:30 I and [my] Father are one ... and then in John 14:6 ... I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me.

Homework: Pray and ask God to forgive you, for all your rebellion and doing your own thing, and plead with Him to show you His promised Salvation for you ... as you seek Him with all your heart, soul and strength ...

Jeremiah 29:
11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
12  Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
14  And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

and to lead you ... as you study to DO His Holy Word ... from Genesis to Revelation.

Bonus: Hear this from the Salvation of God/Yeshua/Jesus in Isaiah 12:

1  And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
2  Behold, God is my salvation  (Yeshua); I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation (Yeshua).
3  Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation (Yeshua).

4  And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
5  Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
6  Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

Please also see:

https://biblehub.com/text/isaiah/12-2.htm

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1012.htm

https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/hebrews-12-2.html

... and in John 3:

14  And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15  That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19  And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

... and John 14:

12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13  And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14  If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19  Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

What an awesome promise: If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.  ... and  ... He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

What do you think it means to ask in His Name? Hint: It seems to have to do with His Character and His Purpose for our life, which very much involves trusting in His Salvation/Yeshua/Jesus ... loving Him, and studying His commandments and keeping them. Note the further confirmation of this vital importance of us 'doing His will'  ... via the beloved Apostle John in 1 John 5:

11  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

14  And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15  And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

But let's keep 1 John 4:10 preeminent:

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (Note well: accepting HIS propitiation provides a just basis to turn the righteous anger of God away from us, as was promised in Isaiah 12 above.)

Note these further insights about asking according to His will and then ... receiving ... in James 5:

1  From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
2  Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
4  Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
5  Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6  But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9  Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10  Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

In Proverbs 3:

1  My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
2  For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
3  Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
4  So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7  Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
8  It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
9  Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
10  So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.
11  My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:
12  For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

13  Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
14  For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
15  She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
16  Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
17  Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
18  She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
19  The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.
20  By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.

21  My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:
22  So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.
23  Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
24  When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
25  Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.
26  For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

27  Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.
28  Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.
29  Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.
30  Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm.
31  Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.
32  For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous.
33  The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
34  Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.
35  The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

P.S.

Coming soon to your neighbourhood ...

https://sites.google.com/site/andeveryeyeshallseehim/

https://sites.google.com/site/andeveryeyeshallseehim/home/he-comes

https://sites.google.com/site/andeveryeyeshallseehim/dear_neighbour

See this next link regarding Yeshua/Jesus being the long promised seed (singular) of Abraham ... Genesis 22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

https://sites.google.com/site/andeveryeyeshallseehim/why_you_need_to_know_this

https://sites.google.com/site/andeveryeyeshallseehim/be_encouraged

https://sites.google.com/site/andeveryeyeshallseehim/heaven-s_best_gift

https://sites.google.com/site/andeveryeyeshallseehim/create_in_me_a_clean_heart

You may like to download a free copy of the King James Authorized English translation with the Strong's numbers available(embedded) to easily cross-reference the Hebrew and Greek Lexicons ... See the ONLINE BIBLE link below ...

http://www.onlinebible.net

On page below ... see link to download basic starter package
http://onlinebible.net

This starter pack is completely free and fully functional—will not expire—no nagware or spyware. Operating system required is Windows XP or newer.

Basic package now runs in Linux Ubuntu using WineHQ.

With this package you get the King James AV Bible, Easton's Dictionary, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, Greek and Hebrew Lexicons, OLB Theme Index, Morning and Evening Devotional.
Basic package now runs in Linux Ubuntu using WineHQ.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:39:02 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
The last chapter of Luke's inspired account of the Gospel (Good News) of Yeshua/Jesus ... Luke 24:

Note especially these words of Yeshua ...

44  And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46  And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47  And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Let's find some of these scriptures ...

which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning ... (Yeshua/the Salvation of God) ... and let's get our minds/thoughts/lives changed/transformed so they will be pleasing to God, by faith in His Word ... and so that all our sins might be remitted and put behind us ... by the grace and power of the Lord Jesus Christ working in our lives ... whom God has set forth, as a propitiation (for our sins), through faith in his blood (Romans 3:25) ... and which was particularly prophesied in Isaiah 53:

4  Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7  He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8  He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9  And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10  Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11  He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12  Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Now here is the whole last chapter of Luke ... Luke 24:

1  Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
2  And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
3  And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
4  And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
5  And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
6  He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
7  Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
8  And they remembered his words,
9  And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.
10  It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles.
11  And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not.
12  Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.

13  And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
14  And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
15  And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
16  But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.
17  And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
18  And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?
19  And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
20  And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
21  But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
22  Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;
23  And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.
24  And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.
25  Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26  Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27  And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
28  And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
29  But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
30  And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
31  And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
32  And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
33  And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
34  Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
35  And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

36  And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37  But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38  And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39  Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40  And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41  And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42  And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43  And he took it, and did eat before them.
44  And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46  And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47  And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48  And ye are witnesses of these things.
49  And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

50  And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
51  And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
52  And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
53  And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.

Romans 12:

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, [let us prophesy] according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, [let us wait] on [our] ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, [let him do it] with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. [Let] love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. [Be] kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality. Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. [Be] of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:41:34 PM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
Have you ever heard the expressions: My, how time flies! … or … Are we there yet?

Do you recognize the BIG prophesied sign  … of the children of Israel back in their promised land and all the trouble over the city of Jerusalem … that indicate this is … that generation in which some will never die … but will still be living when Jesus returns to raise all the dead … (i.e. at first … all who have died trusting in God’s salvation, at that BLESSED and HOLY, FIRST RESURRECTION?  All the rest of the dead, we are told, will be raised a little after the end of 1000 more years.  You can read about this FIRST resurrection in the 3rd last chapter of the Bible, in Revelation 20.)

The Book of books, the Holy Bible, is God’s special Word to us about the creation, when at first, all was very good.  It explains why death came … but how God had already prepared salvation for all those He foreknew would trust in His promised Salvation, Jesus.  It is a unique record of His Story (history).  There is no other book like it. 

One of the greatly pivotal scientists of our millennium, Sir Isaac Newton, was also a serious student of the Bible. In fact, his motivation to grind telescope lens, to better track the planets positions in the sky, to study and to discover the laws of gravity, motion and the laws of calculus that allowed him to predict, with great precision, where the planets would be in the sky, back in Bible times and into the future to our days … was … because he wanted to see, if he was part of that generation that would still be living when the Lord Jesus, the Anointed Holy One of Israel, would return.  However Newton came to realize, that that time was ahead, even for this present generation.  First Israel had to be become a nation again (in 1948), and then Jerusalem had to come back to Israel (in 1967), in order for all the trouble that was predicted to occur with all the nations being troubled over Jerusalem … and then for Jesus to return, to save his people that remain, just outside Jerusalem, at the same spot He ascended into heaven about 2000 years ago.

Here is a little introduction that may help you as you start your Bible studies:

The Holy Bible is a Book of Books (66 Books) … 39 were written before the incarnation, (i.e. the Saviour took on  a ‘tent/tabernacle’ of flesh), of the Word of God, (Our modern calendar is calibrated at year One, by the birth of Jesus a little over 2000 years ago, when the Eternal Word of God became flesh, just like us, but without sin.) 

The first 5 books, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, were given to us via Moses, who was born in Egypt, the 7th generation from Abraham.  Genesis, as you may know, tells of the creation, the origin of death … and the beginnings of God’s plan to save.  It tells of Noah’s day and the Ark he built to save a chosen remnant through that great flood.  Then comes the Tower of Babel account, where languages were multiplied, so people would spread out upon the earth.  Then God calls Abram and changes his name to Abraham and promises to bless him and make him a father of many nations. Then Abraham has Isaac … then Isaac has Jacob (who God renamed as Israel – a prince with El.) … and one of Israel’s (Jacob’s) 12 sons was Joseph, who became head of Egypt during the great famine that came to that part of the world for 7 years … So Joseph, brings his father Jacob and all his family down to Egypt, to survive the famine with the food that he stored up for the 7 good years before the prophesied 7 year famine set in.

The Book of Exodus opens with Moses being born in Egypt, the 7th generation from Abraham(1), Isaac(2), Jacob(3)( Israel), Levi(4)( the priestly tribe), then 2 more generations …  then 7th generation - Moses.  The Book of Exodus records the miracle filled ‘exit’ from Egypt, back to the land promised to Abraham, Isaac and Israel.  Please note that the ‘family of Israel’ leaving Egypt, led by Moses, is a VERY MUCH LARGER family of Jacob/Israel, then the few (70+) that went down into Egypt, just a few generations earlier.  The Book of Exodus also records for us the Ten commandments given to us then, via Moses … and much more ... especially the PASSOVER, which foretells of Yeshua (Jesus) the lamb promised, first to/by Abraham, to be are redeemer ... as the sinless Lamb of God to pay in full for all our sins.

When Moses is old, the leadership of all Israel is passed to Joshua (the same name as Yeshua/Jesus) … then several more ‘Judges’ including Samson, and Samuel … bring us to the first King in Israel, Saul.  Then King David, (in the tribe of Judah, the 4th son of Jacob), from whom the promised Messiah and Saviour was to come.

Well, Jesus did come, right at the time predicted by Daniel, and was ‘cut off’  … but not for His own sins, (because He alone, was sinless), but for ours. 

So … since all the Word prophesied so far has come to pass … we can be MOST ASSURED that Jesus is coming back outside Jerusalem, at the place from which He ascended to heaven almost 2000 years ago, just as predicted, but this time … as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and with millions of Holy Angels in blazing fire, to save especially a remnant in Israel … at the conclusion of the trouble building there now … there in the Land of Judah, all the troubles building to a crisis … especially over the city of Jerusalem.

So now is the time for us to prepare to meet Jesus, face to face, by listening to His Wonderful Words of Life and growing in love with Him and longing to be with Him, who so first loved us.

Let’s hear Jesus speaking to us in John 10:11 …

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Yes … if Jesus so first loved us and so suffered and gave Himself for us … let’s know His love more and more … by loving Him and loving all His children as He has commanded us, so that when we see Jesus face to face, we will be glad to see Him, rather than be terrified.

And let’s also hear, in John 10:27 – 30, Jesus speaking to us …

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
I and my Father are one.

What a wonderful promise He has given to us … if we will but …

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
(Proverbs 3:5,6)

- / -

You might like to see this addendum 2021-06-12

There is much we can know for sure, since they are the obvious givens ... such as one apple and another apple ... “we merely label as two apples” ... and even a child can come to assert the obvious that “every house had a builder” ...

and then there are laws in creation that are used in forensics to rule out, (or allow), certain events ... so if the top of a tower for the bulk of its fall accelerated there at essentially 9.8 m/sec/sec ... we can assert that no pan-caking there occurred, as only dust was there then to resist that descent ...

But ... there is so much that one can only be confident of ... if the one who was there and did it ... saw it ... tells us ...

So the Creator of heaven and earth, and all therein ... in just 6 days, as recorded in Genesis, and as we see was told to Adam, Seth, ... Methuselah... Noah, Shem ... Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, ... Moses, Joshua, Caleb ... Samuel, David ... many prophets as in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel ... until finally the Saviour - Jesus ... as firstly promised to Eve ... confirming the scriptures ... and confirming their preservation for ever ... so Matthew records many promises that Jesus then fulfilled ... so we can be confident the rest will be fulfilled ...

This brings me to this article about Newton ... the scriptures caution us that knowledge tends to puff us up, whereas love tends to move us to build others up:

https://answersingenesis.org/creation-scientists/misplaced-faith-isaac-newton/

Compare the above about Newton with these fore-runners ... who went before, and upon the shoulders of these “giants before” him, that Newton said he “was privileged to stand”: 

https://www.icr.org/article/science-man-god-johann-kepler

https://www.metanexus.net/johannes-kepler-ndash-life-science-and-religion-dedicated-walter-thirring-his-80th-birthday/

http://augustinecollective.org/science-and-orthodoxy-the-faith-of-galileo-and-kepler/

« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 06:59:45 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
Re: Free Beginning Bible Study/Getting to know the Heavenly Author series ...
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 03:12:54 AM »
Ok ... getting back on track ... and recalling especially these words of Yeshua ...

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Let's find some of these scriptures ...

which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning ... (Yeshua/the Salvation of God):

Firstly, let's see some of the scriptures that looked forward to the suffering and death and resurrection of The Lamb of God who was given for the sins of the world and to take away the sin of the world.

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.( John 1:29 )

0.  (* see footnote to get context ... all of Genesis, especially chapter 3 * )
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. ( Genesis 3:15 )

And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. ( Genesis 22:8 )

I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. ( Psalms 16:8-11 )

Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.  He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.  He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.  And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.  He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.  Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
( Isaiah 53:4-12 )

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.  Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.  And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.  And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. ( Daniel 9:24-27 )

Well ... can you see that it was well prophesied that Messiah would be our sinless Lamb to bear our sin away ... so that we might approach that most Holy Throne only by means of His Holy Blood shed in our place ...

OH  ... THE MATCHLESS LOVE OF GOD TO PROVIDE SUCH A LAMB ... HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON IN WHOM HE WAS SO WELL PLEASED:

While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. ( Matthew 17:5 )

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.  And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him. ( Deuteronomy 18:18,19 )

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.  Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;  Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.  By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.  And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:  But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;  From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.  For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. ( Hebrews 10:7-14 )

* Footnote: Genesis 3:1-21
1 ¶  Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2  And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3  But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4  And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 ¶  And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7  And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
8  And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
9 ¶  And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
10  And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
11 ¶  And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12  And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13  And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
14 ¶  And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
16 ¶  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
17 ¶  And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18  Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19  In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
20 ¶  And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
21 ¶  Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:34:00 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
Recalling ...

Firstly, one needs to get to know God, and that will take  ... time ... with Him ...

And noting the rapid advance of events, even at the time of this new year of 2012, that look to be even the very events prophesied to immediately preceed the return of Yeshua/Jesus to set up His Father's Kingdom here on His Earth ...

isn't it wonderful to hear Yeshua speaking to us ...

27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
(John 10)

... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

... If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23)

... And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (John 17:3)

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

11  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

14  And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15  And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
16  If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. (re. 1 John 5:11 above ... more context)

And also ...

24  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

25  Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26  Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27  Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28  And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29  And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34  Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
(Matthew 6)

Now ... when we see the very things begin to happen that Yeshua/Jesus tells us would herald His return ... we are to lift our hearts up to Him ... (and not get depressed as many will when these fearful sights abound and surround) ... for our redemption is then very near ... even at the doors!

“And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to [him] for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?”

“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these [are] the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

“Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer [is] nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two [women shall be] grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite [his] fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint [him] his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 24)

Note also what was shown to Daniel approximately 2500 years ago ... even about this present time ... just before that time that Daniel himself would be resurrected and receive his inheritance in the land of Israel ...

“And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him. Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king. And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream. Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation. The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill. But if ye shew the dream, and the interpretation thereof, ye shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honour: therefore shew me the dream, and the interpretation thereof. They answered again and said, Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation of it. The king answered and said, I know of certainty that ye would gain the time, because ye see the thing is gone from me. But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, [there is but] one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof. The Chaldeans answered before the king, and said, There is not a man upon the earth that can shew the king’s matter: therefore [there is] no king, lord, nor ruler, [that] asked such things at any magician, or astrologer, or Chaldean. And [it is] a rare thing that the king requireth, and there is none other that can shew it before the king, except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh. For this cause the king was angry and very furious, and commanded to destroy all the wise [men] of Babylon. And the decree went forth that the wise [men] should be slain; and they sought Daniel and his fellows to be slain.”

“Then Daniel answered with counsel and wisdom to Arioch the captain of the king’s guard, which was gone forth to slay the wise [men] of Babylon: He answered and said to Arioch the king’s captain, Why [is] the decree [so] hasty from the king? Then Arioch made the thing known to Daniel. Then Daniel went in, and desired of the king that he would give him time, and that he would shew the king the interpretation. Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions: That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise [men] of Babylon. Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven. Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what [is] in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him. I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast [now] made known unto us the king’s matter.”

“Therefore Daniel went in unto Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise [men] of Babylon: he went and said thus unto him; Destroy not the wise [men] of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew unto the king the interpretation. Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation. The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name [was] Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof? Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise [men], the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king; But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these; As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came [into thy mind] upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass. But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for [any] wisdom that I have more than any living, but for [their] sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.”

“Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness [was] excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof [was] terrible. This image’s head [was] of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay. Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet [that were] of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. This [is] the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king. Thou, O king, [art] a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou [art] this head of gold. And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all [things]: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise. And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters’ clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. And [as] the toes of the feet [were] part of iron, and part of clay, [so] the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, [but] it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream [is] certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

“Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him. The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth [it is], that your God [is] a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret. Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise [men] of Babylon. Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel [sat] in the gate of the king.” (Daniel 2)

Now see what Daniel was shown for us at the end of this age... and ... this will happen just before Daniel is to be resurrected and receive his lot in the land of Israel ...

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

“... And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what [shall be] the end of these [things]? And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words [are] closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. And from the time [that] the daily [sacrifice] shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, [there shall be] a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Blessed [is] he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. But go thou thy way till the end [be]: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.” (Daniel 12)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:12:17 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
COMING UP NEXT ...  PRESSING ASYMPTOTIC BEHAVIOUR

Why is it important to understand 'asymptotic behaviour'?  It is because, if we understand this concept, we will have reasonable expectations about the outcome of a process that is governed by this law.

So ... if we would be kin to those wise men and women of history who had 'understanding of their times' ... and so lived their lives accordingly, we will do well to 'see' just what it is that Yeshua/Jesus, would have us to know, by these following words of His ...

And also note well ...

since the first part of the following prophecy did happen ...

exactly as foretold ...

And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

we can confidently expect ... especially knowing the character of 'the WORD of GOD made flesh' (Yeshua/Jesus), who foretold this ... that the rest will also certainly happen ... and ... suddenly ... and for you 'Science Types', this is perhaps best mathematically demonstrated as ASYMPTOTIC BEHAVIOUR  ...

“And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to [him] for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these [are] the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”

“Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer [is] nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two [women shall be] grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite [his] fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint [him] his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 24:1-51)

“And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said, [As for] these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign [will there be] when these things shall come to pass? And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end [is] not by and by. Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute [you], delivering [you] up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name’s sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony. Settle [it] therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and [some] of you shall they cause to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name’s sake. But there shall not an hair of your head perish. In your patience possess ye your souls.”

“And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

“And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and [so] that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.” (Luke 21:5-36)

“And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings [are here]! And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?”

“And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any [man] deceive you: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and shall deceive many. And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for [such things] must needs be; but the end [shall] not [be] yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these [are] the beginnings of sorrows. But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them. And the gospel must first be published among all nations. But when they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost. Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against [their] parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.”

“But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains: And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter [therein], to take any thing out of his house: And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment. But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter. For [in] those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect’s sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here [is] Christ; or, lo, [he is] there; believe [him] not: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.”

“But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

“Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, [even] at the doors. Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. [For the Son of man is] as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.” (Mark 13:1-37)

Recall ...
...as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

And ...
So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and [so] that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all ...

“And when he (Yeshua/Jesus) was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see [it]. And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after [them], nor follow [them]. For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one [part] under heaven, shineth unto the other [part] under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed [them] all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. Remember Lot’s wife. Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. I tell you, in that night there shall be two [men] in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two [women] shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two [men] shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body [is], thither will the eagles be gathered together.” (Luke 17:20-37)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:45:20 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
Is Daniel Chapter 2 relevant to the events of 2001-09-11?

Note: at the END of chapter 2, (and 12), AFTER a most distressing time, WONDERFUL DAYS AHEAD!

The central problem still it seems, rages around an age old controversy …
What is the true present nature of man?

We appear yet duped in denial … dismissive of this up-to-date heavenly diagnosis:

“The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?
I the LORD search the heart, try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, [and] according to the fruit of his doings.”
(Jeremiah 17:9-10 AV)

But this in turn reveals to us the (historical and) still present root of all our woes:  we still haven’t learned the vital importance to trust in our Maker, and thus to actually depend on the faithfulness of His Word, (as per Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.)

Before (and at the beginning of heaven’s dealings):

“Thou knowest that I am not wicked; and [there is] none that can deliver out of thine hand.” (Job 10:7 AV)

“But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.” (Daniel 1:8 AV)

After:

“.... I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor [myself], and repent in dust and ashes.” (Job 42:4-6 AV)

“In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans; In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes: And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said,

O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments; We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments: Neither have we hearkened unto thy servants the prophets, which spake in thy name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.

O Lord, righteousness [belongeth] unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, [that are] near, and [that are] far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.

O Lord, to us [belongeth] confusion of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers, because we have sinned against thee. To the Lord our God [belong] mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him; Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets. Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that [is] written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him. And he hath confirmed his words, which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem. As [it is] written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth. Therefore hath the LORD watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the LORD our God [is] righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.

And now, O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown, as at this day; we have sinned, we have done wickedly.

O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people [are become] a reproach to all [that are] about us.

Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord’s sake.

O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.

O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

And whiles I [was] speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God; Yea, whiles I [was] speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation. And he informed [me], and talked with me, and said,

O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding. At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew [thee]; for thou [art] greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Know therefore and understand, [that] from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince [shall be] seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary;  (MY COMMENTS: This ‘cutting off’ of Messiah and the destruction of the city and the sanctuary became HISTORY by/in 70 AD when Jerusalem and the Temple were destroyed then by Titus) and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he shall confirm the covenant with many (MY COMMENTS: RABim/RABin) for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, (MY COMMENTS: ‘land for peace’ … as per ‘covenant with RAB’ at EXACT MIDST at Purim 1997  … Note: after that Purim, for 20 weeks the news was filled with ‘the peace process broke down when Israel broke ground at har Homa’) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.” (Daniel 9:1-27 AV)

Daniel 2 is really a quite concise preview of history … up until now … the END times … i.e. looking to be even the very time of the ten toes of iron and clay …

The events of 9-11 seem to have added acceleration and ‘weight’ to the formation/structure of those end times ‘ten toes’ … of what presently appears to be … ten global (economic) divisions of …  (oppressive) ‘iron’ and the (immiscible with iron) ‘clay’ …

and also  … (those events of 9-11) …

could/should shed more light, (to any who have eyes to see), on the accuracy of Jeremiah 17:9-10 ...

“The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?
I the LORD search the heart, try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, [and] according to the fruit of his doings.”

BUT … is there any hope?  … is there any remedy?

“For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.” (Jeremiah 29:10-14 AV)

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, [and] the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts [is] his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, [then] the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner. And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath. And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, [shall be] holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.” (Jeremiah 31:31-40 AV)

“Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.” (Ezekiel 11:17-20 AV)

“Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman. Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols [wherewith] they had polluted it: And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.

And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These [are] the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.

But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not [this] for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I [am] the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them].
And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that [were] not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

Not for your sakes do I [this], saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause [you] to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded. And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities [are become] fenced, [and] are inhabited.

Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined [places, and] plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken [it], and I will do [it].

Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet [for] this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do [it] for them; I will increase them with men like a flock. As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.” (Ezekiel 36:16-38 AV)

“The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah [and] against Jerusalem.

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.” (Zechariah 12:1-3 AV)

“The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify [themselves] against Judah.

In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David [shall be] as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.

In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart; The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart; All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.” (Zechariah 12:7-13:1 AV)

Shalom shalom,
David

P.S.
Create in me a clean heart, 0 God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalms 51:10)
Is the miracle of the new birth, new heart and new spirit implicitly described here?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:07:50 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
Talk about a long computer programming code ...

(50 kg lady's DNA stretches 66.6 return trips to Sun from Earth)

Yesterday, my first born grand-daughter was asking me about mitosis (in normal somatic cell division) ...

As I was discussing it with her, I remembered something of the awesome length of (all) the DNA we have ...

and I thought I'd do a little further research to confirm/re-calculate that length ...

and I thought that you might also like to see a copy.

~

All the DNA in all 23 pairs of chromosomes stretched out (in EACH nucleated somatic cell) ... end to end ... is slightly over 2 meters (see link below)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_genome#section_1

So ...

In a 50 kg lady, subtracting ... (by weight)

(about)
20% for extra cellular fluid
15% for non-cellular bone-structure
15% for ... fatty structure
30% for ... muscle, ligament, tendon...

Leaves (about) 20% of 50 kg = 10 kg for cells

But since there are about 9 to 10 4 to 5 L of blood ... or about 2 L (i.e. 2 kg) of mature Red Blood Cells with NO nucleus (i.e. NO DNA) ...
Thus, this leaves (very conservatively) about 6 8 kg of cells (with DNA ... in an average 50 kg lady)

Now ... if we take for the average nucleated cell size ...
(Note: red blood cells are less than 100 fL and white blood cells are mostly less than 200 fL)  **

10 x 10 x 6 x (10^ -6 m)^3 =
600 x (10^ -18)  m^3  (i.e. 600 fL  ---  some cells like nerves are MUCH BIGGER  ---  but many/most? smaller)

(Note under-estimate corrected now ... above ... so results here following, are really an under-estimate.)

** (

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematocrit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_blood_cell

A typical human erythrocyte has a disk diameter of approximately 6.2-8.2 µm[27] and a thickness at the thickest point of 2-2.5 µm and a minimum thickness in the centre of 0.8-1 µm, being much smaller than most other human cells. These cells have an average volume of about 90 fL[28] with a surface of about 136 μm2, and can swell up to a sphere shape containing 150 fL, without membrane distension.
Adult humans have roughly 2 to 3 × 10^13 (20-30 trillion) red blood cells at any given time, comprising approximately one quarter of the total human body cell number (women have about 4 to 5 million erythrocytes per microliter (cubic millimeter) of blood and men about 5 to 6 million; people living at high altitudes with low oxygen tension will have more). Red blood cells are thus much more common than the other blood particles: there are about 4,000–11,000 white blood cells and about 150,000–400,000 platelets in each microliter of human blood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_blood_cell

) **

and using for an average cell ... the same density of water (i.e. 1000 kg/ m^3) ...
gives an average cell to have mass ...
6 x 10^-13 kg

So 6 kg of cells implies  ==>  6 kg / ( 6 x 10^-13 kg/cell )  =  10^13 cells
i.e 10 x 10^12 cells

(i.e 10 trillion cells
 Note: research on web suggested a range from 10 to 100 trillion cells,
          so 10 trillion cells seems a conservative estimate )

Implies ... 2 x  10^13 m of DNA
i.e. 200 x 10^8 km of DNA

Now ... average distance from Sun to Earth is 150 x 10^6 km

Or return trip is 300 x 10^6 km

So ...

( 200 x 10^8 ) / ( 300 x 10^6) =
2/3 x 10^2 =
66.6 return trips to sun ...
if you were to stretch out all your DNA (end to end, from every cell in a 50 kg lady)

Pretty awesome :)))

Now ... so over-the-top superlatively awesome ... do you realize that ALL these five-carbon sugars in DNA - Deoxyribose (and RNA - Ribose) are CHIRAL and ALL ARE RIGHT-HANDED, (and the base triplets in the DNA and RNA that code for the 20 amino acids that make up all our various proteins, code for 19 LEFT-HANDED amino acids, except for the 20th amino acid, glycine, which is not chiral) ... (SO ... THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THIS WAS NOT PRECISELY DESIGNED!!!)

http://creation.com/origin-of-life-the-chirality-problem
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:27:38 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
Some C++ code of 'random generation of 4 letter words' ...

and related student correspondence,

with names replaced with ___,

that you may like to see.

TWO example solutions to a C++ student coding problem follow:

The last part of my first e-message:

( Note how it relates to the AWE-FILLED BIG and CLEAR SIGN of HANDEDNESS in GOD'S CREATION !!! )

... Please feel free to e-mail to ask any questions.

Shalom shalom,

dwzavitz
at
gmail
dot
com

Code: [Select]
// randomWordsInFile.cpp //

/*
    code is supposed to print out a list of random four-letter strings
    and compare them to a second file of a list of actual four letter words
    to check how many of my randon strings are real words
*/

// since you are coding in C++ ... you might as well 'use C++ coding styles' !

#include <iostream>
#include <iomanip>
#include <fstream>
#include <string>
#include <vector>

#include <algorithm> // re. sort of vector ...

#include <cstdlib> // re. rand
#include <ctime>   // re. srand
#include <cctype>  // re. toupper

using namespace std;

// adjust this to suit your needs & file of words
const int NUM_RAN_WORDS = 200000;

// dict file ...
const string FNAME = "myBigDictionary.txt";
// test contents ... //
/*
a
ab
ace
aman
afix
afin
acorn
bat
best
bard
bump
boor
bottom
car
cut
cake
cantalope
door
dupe
dunk
dope
easy
effort
get
gas
got
jerk
keep
leap
mean
nope
nobody
poor
pooh
pat
quick
cute
rest
time
very
weLl
xray
zoo
zoom
zebra
*/

void fillWithRan4LetWords( vector< string >& v, int numWords );
void showRanWords( const vector< string >& v );

// to get ALL CAPS IN str ...
string strToUpper( string& str );

// iterative ...
// if multiple same target values ... finds index of first target value in v
int iBinarySearch( const vector< string >& v,
                   int low, int high, const string& target );

int runMyTest()
{
    vector< string > v; // construct an empty vector to hold all ran words //
    v.reserve( NUM_RAN_WORDS ); // to save on memory reallocations and copying //

fillWithRan4LetWords( v, NUM_RAN_WORDS ); // v NOW full od 'random words'

//showRanWords( v );

sort( v.begin(), v.end() ); // uses library sort ...

//showRanWords( v );
/*
    // testing library binary_search ... //
    for( int i = v.size()-1 ; i >= 0 ; --i )
         if( binary_search( v.begin(), v.end(), v[i] ) )
             cout << "Found v[" << i << "] = " << v[i] << "   ";
*/
    int countMatches = 0;
    ifstream fin( FNAME.c_str() );
    if( fin )
    {
        string word;
        int countWords = 0, count4Minus = 0, count4LetWords = 0, count4Plus = 0;

while( getline( fin, word ))
        {
            ++countWords;
            int len = word.size();
            if( len == 4 )
            {
                ++ count4LetWords;
                int low = 0, high = v.size()-1, found = -1;
                while( ( found =
                       iBinarySearch( v, low, high, strToUpper( word ) )) != -1 )
                {
                    cout << "'" << word << "' in my Dictionary is match number "
                         << ++countMatches << endl;
                         low = found+1;
                }
            }
            else if(  len < 4 ) ++count4Minus;
            else ++count4Plus;
        }
        fin.close();

cout << "\n\nThere were " << countMatches << " matches in "
             << NUM_RAN_WORDS <<  " randomly generated 4 letter words,\n"
             << "using a dictionary of " << count4LetWords
             << " '4-letter-words', but having a total of " << countWords
             << " words:\n"
             << setw(16) << "count4Minus" << setw(16) << "count4LetWords"
             << setw(16) << "count4Plus" << setw(16) << "countWords" << endl
             << setw(16) << count4Minus << setw(16) << count4LetWords
             << setw(16) << count4Plus << setw(16) << countWords << endl;
    }
    else cout << "Error opening file " << FNAME << endl;

return countMatches;
}

bool more()
{
    cout << "\nMore (y/n) ? " << flush;
    string reply;
    getline( cin, reply );
    if( reply.size() && tolower( reply[0] ) == 'n' ) return false;
    // else ...
    return true;
}

int main() /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
{
    int loops = 0;
    double totCountMatches = 0;
    do
    {
        totCountMatches += runMyTest();
        ++ loops;
    }
    while( more() );
    cout << "\nAfter " << loops << " loops of " << NUM_RAN_WORDS
         << " random generated 4 letter words on each loop ..."
         << "\nthere was a total of " << totCountMatches << " matches "
         << "\ni.e. an average of " << totCountMatches/loops << " on every loop."
         << endl;

cout << "\nPress 'Enter' to continue/exit ... " << flush;
    string line;
    getline( cin, line );

} //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

void fillWithRan4LetWords( vector< string >& v, int numWords )
{
    string source = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ";
    int len = source.length();
    srand( time(0) );

for( int i = 0; i < numWords; ++ i )
    {
        string wordLet4 = "xxxx";
        for( int j = 0; j < 4; ++ j )
             wordLet4[j] = source[ rand() % len ];
        v.push_back( wordLet4 );
    }
}

void showRanWords( const vector< string >& v )
{
    int size = v.size();
    cout << "\nShowing 'random 4 letter' words ... \n";
    for( int i = 0; i < size; ++ i ) cout << v[i]  << "    ";
    cout << endl;
}

// to get ALL CAPS IN str ...
string strToUpper( string& str )
{
    for( int i = str.length() - 1; i >= 0; --i )
         str[i] = toupper( str[i] );
return str;
}

// iterative ...
                   int low, int high, const string& target )
{
    while( low < high )
    {
        int mid = low + ( ( high - low ) >> 1 ); //   ( low + hign ) / 2

if( v[mid] < target  ) low = mid + 1;
        else high = mid;
    }

// when reach here ...
    if( high == low && target == v[low] ) return low;
    // else ...
    return -1;
}

First student reply ...

Dang...dude, you don't mess around that's some nice code thank you so much

U's welcome ...

Now here is part two :)

Part 2 is a closer simulation to ... 'the real problem' !

Code: [Select]
// randomWordsInFile2.cpp //

/*
    code is supposed to print out a list of random four-letter strings
    and compare them to a second file of a list of actual four letter words
    to check how many of my randon strings are real words
*/

// since you are coding in C++ ... you might as well 'use C++ coding styles' !

#include <iostream>
#include <iomanip>
#include <fstream>
#include <string>
#include <vector>

#include <algorithm> // re. sort of vector ...

#include <cstdlib> // re. rand
#include <ctime>   // re. srand
#include <cctype>  // re. toupper

using namespace std;

// adjust this to suit your needs & file of words
const int NUM_RAN_WORDS = 200000;

// dict file ...
const string FNAME = "myBigDictionary.txt";
// test contents ... //
/*
a
ab
ace
aman
afix
afin
acorn
bat
best
bard
bump
boor
bottom
car
cut
cake
cantalope
door
dupe
dunk
dope
easy
effort
get
gas
got
jerk
keep
leap
mean
nope
nobody
poor
pooh
pat
quick
cute
rest
time
very
weLl
xray
zoo
zoom
zebra
*/

void fillWithRan4LetWords( vector< string >& v, int numWords );
void showRanWords( const vector< string >& v );

// iterative ...
                   int low, int high, const string& target );

int runMyTest()
{
    vector< string > v; // construct an empty vector to hold all ran words //
    v.reserve( NUM_RAN_WORDS ); // to save on memory reallocations and copying //

fillWithRan4LetWords( v, NUM_RAN_WORDS ); // v NOW full od 'random words'

//showRanWords( v );

sort( v.begin(), v.end() ); // uses library sort ...

//showRanWords( v );
/*
    // testing library binary_search ... //
    for( int i = v.size()-1 ; i >= 0 ; --i )
         if( binary_search( v.begin(), v.end(), v[i] ) )
             cout << "Found v[" << i << "] = " << v[i] << "   ";
*/
    int countMatches = 0;
    ifstream fin( FNAME.c_str() );
    if( fin )
    {
        string word;
        int countWords = 0, count4Minus = 0, count4LetWords = 0, count4Plus = 0;

while( getline( fin, word ))
        {
            ++countWords;
            int len = word.size();
            if( len == 4 )
            {
                ++ count4LetWords;
                int low = 0, high = v.size()-1, found = -1;
                while( ( found = iBinarySearch( v, low, high, word )) != -1 )
                {
                    cout << "'" << word << "' in my Dictionary is match number "
                         << ++countMatches << endl;
                         low = found+1;
                }
            }
            else if(  len < 4 ) ++count4Minus;
            else ++count4Plus;
        }
        fin.close();

cout << "\n\nThere were " << countMatches << " matches in "
             << NUM_RAN_WORDS <<  " randomly generated 4 letter words,\n"
             << "using a dictionary of " << count4LetWords
             << " '4-letter-words', but having a total of " << countWords
             << " words:\n"
             << setw(16) << "count4Minus" << setw(16) << "count4LetWords"
             << setw(16) << "count4Plus" << setw(16) << "countWords" << endl
             << setw(16) << count4Minus << setw(16) << count4LetWords
             << setw(16) << count4Plus << setw(16) << countWords << endl;
    }
    else cout << "Error opening file " << FNAME << endl;

return countMatches;
}

bool more()
{
    cout << "\nMore (y/n) ? " << flush;
    string reply;
    getline( cin, reply );
    if( reply.size() && tolower( reply[0] ) == 'n' ) return false;
    // else ...
    return true;
}

int main() /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
{
    int loops = 0;
    double totCountMatches = 0;
    do
    {
        totCountMatches += runMyTest();
        ++ loops;
    }
    while( more() );
    cout << "\nAfter " << loops << " loops of " << NUM_RAN_WORDS
         << " random generated 4 letter words on each loop ..."
         << "\nthere was a total of " << totCountMatches << " matches "
         << "\ni.e. an average of " << totCountMatches/loops << " on every loop."
         << "\nand 16 * " << totCountMatches/loops << " = "
         << 16 * totCountMatches/loops
         << "\n= the same average (order of) number of matches per loop expected"
         << "\n  when only all CAPS used, as per this 4 letter word example."
         << endl;

cout << "\nPress 'Enter' to continue/exit ... " << flush;
    string line;
    getline( cin, line );

} //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

void fillWithRan4LetWords( vector< string >& v, int numWords )
{
    string source = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz";
    int len = source.length();
    srand( time(0) );

for( int i = 0; i < numWords; ++ i )
    {
        string wordLet4 = "xxxx";
        for( int j = 0; j < 4; ++ j )
             wordLet4[j] = source[ rand() % len ];
        v.push_back( wordLet4 );
    }
}

void showRanWords( const vector< string >& v )
{
    int size = v.size();
    cout << "\nShowing 'random 4 letter' words ... \n";
    for( int i = 0; i < size; ++ i ) cout << v[i]  << "    ";
    cout << endl;
}

// iterative ...
                   int low, int high, const string& target )
{
    while( low < high )
    {
        int mid = low + ( ( high - low ) >> 1 ); //   ( low + hign ) / 2

if( v[mid] < target  ) low = mid + 1;
        else high = mid;
    }

// when reach here ...
    if( high == low && target == v[low] ) return low;
    // else ...
    return -1;
}

Copy/paste of student's 2nd reply ...

NIce! very grateful, worked perfectly.

And then ... my further reply ...

Did you notice the big drop in frequency when now, only, ALL one kind of letter is 'viable' ...

AND the situation is actually that ...

we have both Caps and Non-Caps as letters to fill the slots ???

Since now 2 kinds for each slot, and 4 slots ...

we would expect 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 less frequency
then the word occurrence frequency,
if Caps and small letters functioned the same ...

This 'size drop' in frequency was seen ... in this 2nd random simulation ... now using caps AND lower case ...
but only accepting all of one case as 'viable'

This is similar to the BIG problem of chirality in bio-chemistry ...
in particular ... the MAJOR PROBLEM with left and right handed amino acids
that would with equal probanility,
if only by chance,
make up a protein chain ...

AND ... the problem with left and right handed 5 carbon sugars
that would equally well, if only by random ordinary racemic chemistry,
make up the back bone of the DNA ...

Except NOTE!!!

ALL 19 of the 20 optically active (chiral) amino acids that make up ALL the protein in our body ...

ARE ALL LEFT handed!

AND ...

ALL the deoxyribose and ribose (each are chiral molecules)
that are in all DNA and RNA ... they ARE ALL RIGHT handed!

So ... for example, AND on top of all the other improbability ...

we have a freq of this impossible event happening by chance as (1/2) ^N ...
where N is the count of all the sugars in the whole length of the chain and in the case of DNA ...
all our DNA would stretch to the sun and back about 66.6 round trips ...
and all those sugars are all right-handed!!!

What do you think about that?

Shalom shalom,

David

Student's 3rd reply/(first-reaction upon noticing the above) ...

I feel lucky to be alive, David,now that i know the odds were astronomically against me : )

My reply to this student response ...

(Please carefully consider.)

Some things ARE simply *NOT* by chance!

Chance here has absolutely NO POSSIBLE credible WAY!!!

With such a (1/2) ^N multiplying factor ...

an out of any probability of occurring diminished probability ...

(since N for just one 50 kg lady here
is the number of deoxy-ribose molecules in the DNA of that women
which total DNA in all her nucleated cells, laid out end-to-end,
would stretch at least 66.6 (to possibly 666) ROUND trips to the sun ...)

THIS 'ZERO' factor ...

ON TOP of ALL the other MULTITUDE of other absolutely ridiculous improbabilities ... (ZERO probabilities)

(and NOTE ALSO the reality
that time is a GREAT ENEMY of any random process permitting any complex creation to persist ...

because, if any seemly intelligent assembly of code,

of any length, beyond just a few bits of length, should happen to occur,

in the next bit of time,

it would quickly become disorganized by the inescapable effects of Entropy ...

unless some intelligently designed complex structure and process extracts those bits
from their chaos ... and then further isolates and conserves
and further assembles them in an highly designed way ...
think of a refrigerator ... how it works against the natural flow of heat from a hotter to a colder
by it's design and ASSEMBLED structures ALL NEEDING to be together in the right place at the same time!!!)

Sometimes the 'OBVIOUS' is obscured (hidden) for awhile, to us, for some simple reason:

1. We have been biased (blinded) against what would normally be easily and quickly seen,
by a massive propaganda program.

2. We have ourselves, at some point beyond childhood, chosen to
NOT see the obvious,
but STILL thinking as an uneducated small child might think
when playing hide and seek,
that if the child closes his or her eyes, that then ...
they couldn't/wouldn't be seen.

Please just think for a quick moment about this simple example ...

the short piece of computer code I sent you the other day ...

Is there any credible way that ... that code ...

could have ever 'happened' by any random process?

Now after you have studied programming some,

and worked very intelligently at trying to code some ...

your designed and assembled code still did NOT work!

Even more ... it did NOT come anywhere near at all ...

to doing *the very ***singular*** job*

that you had set out to have a program do.

I don't say this to offend you, please understand,

this seems to be 'a very personally designed and God given example' to help you

to understand / to see ...

the absolute impossibility of most (i.e. all complex) structures happening

by chance ...

You yourself, when you saw the working code,

that I later gave you/sent you by e-messaging ...

and the output that that code produced when it was compiled ...

and then run on a very sophisticated and highly designed

and extreemly engineered PC (both software and hardware) ...

You youself easily exclaimed ...

"Dang...dude, you don't mess around thats some nice code thank you so much"

Now ...

let's together ...

(go out into the fresh sun filled sky or star filled night air)

and then taking a deep breath of that fresh air ...

let's look up to our most awesome 'Designer/Coder in Heaven' ...

and together proclaim:

"Dang...dude, you don't mess around thats some nice code thank you so much"

Shalom shalom,

David

P.S.

Thanks for adding me as a ___ 'friend'

Please feel free to
___ message me
or
email at
dwzavitz
at
gmail
dot
com

I do enjoy seeing CS students make good progress,

and getting over the (too often and needless frustration of)

the beginning steps.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 10:07:05 PM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »
Time for some insights concerning this past 1700 years of history ... from an insider ... to help further explain the present looming end-time crisis ... revealed to us in the last book of the Bible ...

The Revelation of Jesus (Yeshua) Christ (Messiah), which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly*** (suddenly, 'tachos', quickly, speedily)*** come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Ok ...

The claim of this insider's wife ...

is that her husband was murdered ...

by poisoning ...

by his former bosses ...

who he was exposing ...

after he read the Bible for himself ...

and learned the truth of the good-news of the Gospel of the grace of God ...

lavished on us by giving us His beloved Son ...

The Lord Jesus(Yeshua) Christ(Messiah) ...

when He became the ultimate lamb promised to us/by God ...

though Abraham ...

(to Issac ... my son, God will Himself provide a lamb) ...

to all who would simply trust in Him for their salvation ...

(Yeshua - the salvation of God and God our Saviour) ...

and thus ...

know Him as the true Messiah ...

and their Lord and the most wonderfully awesome King of kings.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

Please read here:

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/alberto.html

and ...

http://www.fmh-child.org/AlbertoRivera.html

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/alberto.html

***  tachos, quickly, speedily ***

Please note other places that this ... 'suddenness' ... also seems to be stated:

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. (1 Thessalonians 5:3 )

Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant. (Isaiah 30:13)

And note Yeshua's final warning to us:

... If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. (Revelation 3:3)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:23:46 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 07:37:43 AM »
Well here it is near the end of this year 2013 years from the birth of Yeshua / Jesus

And ...

I've been pondering the 'mustard seed' faith that can move mountains, cast out demons, wither a fig tree in an instant, etc. that recently a friend, was asking about with ref. to the healing of his mother ...

See Matthew 17:14-21 and 21:18-22 (*** below, at the end of this page***)

We are to ask for God's will to be done on Earth (as it is in Heaven)

If we ask for anything, according to His will, we are told to be assured that God will most certainly 'hear us'

We are then assured, that if we 'know' that God has 'heard' our prayer, then, we may be certain we 'have' what we asked.

Seems simple enough?

The problem lies with our 'knowing' the will of God.

And ... that uncovers the problem of 'knowing God'

Can we know God?

Can we approach God?

The One who made heaven and earth and every thing therein in just 6 days ...
(and then rested on the 7th day and blessed the 7th day and made it holy) ?

The One we have had little to do with ... until now?

So little to do with?

It is now over 2013 years, since Heaven's Angel said to call 'the expected son' ... name Him Yeshua / Jesus (the Salvation of God) ... because He would save His people from their sins.

And our (big sin) ...

Unbelief

Unbelief in God

Doubting His Word

Denying Him and His Word 

Rejecting the words of Yeshua that Yeshua / Jesus is the 'I AM', the Holy One of Israel, God with us, the long promised Saviour and the Salvation of God (the way of salvation provided to us, by God)

So ...

The Word became flesh and 'tented' among us

Born of a virgin

Born in a stable, since there was no room in an inn

Humbled Himself ... even to suffer so much shame to suffer and die on a cross

And lived fully to do the will of His Father

Fully lived to do heavens delight

Preached good news to downtrodden

Opened blind eyes

Cast out demons

Caused the lame to walk

Raised the dead

Accurately foretold of his death, burial, and resurrection 3 days later

Ok ... conclusion then, Jesus said (for example as John records Jesus telling us in John 15:16)

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that

*whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.*

Pretty awesome!!!

In 'his name' seems to focus the scope to whatever is according to the character and purpose of Jesus

So ... as we get to know Him better, we can ask with more confidence of being heard

and thus receiving the very thing requested,

because that IS what we KNOW that God wants us to ask.

Now recall this word of Jesus to us, just before He ascended back to heaven:

(recorded in Matthew 28)

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power (all authority) is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

So ... if Yeshua / Jesus NOW HAS *ALL* authority both in Heaven, and on Earth, then the request He wants us to ask, will most certainly be granted.

And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a [certain] man, kneeling down to him, and saying, Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. (Matthew 17:14-21)

Now in the morning as he (Jesus) returned into the city, he hungered. And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away. And when the disciples saw [it], they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away! Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. (Matthew 21:18-22)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:22:56 PM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
Is it possible to demonstrate the existence of a Creator?

If we can show that certain things really NEVER do happen by chance, then we can infer that they MUST have been created.  (This is similar to the well known proof by contradiction in mathematics.)

For an often used example of a math proof by contradiction, you could see this next link ...
http://developers-heaven.net/forum/index.php/topic,2601.0.html
and see example way down on the first page there ...

Update: now copied here for ease of access ...

... here is (an example) *proof by contradiction* (that the square-root of 2 is NOT a rational number.)  So firstly, assume 'true' and that for some integers a, b ... sqrt(2) = a/b with NO common factors (i.e. fraction is in 'lowest terms'), then square each side and 2*b^2 = a^2 ... which implies that a^2 is 'even' ... which implies that a is 'even' (since an odd times an odd is odd) ... So ... now can re-write a as 2*c ... So substituting '2*c' in the place of 'a' ... (2*c)^2 = 4*c^2 = 2*b^2 ... And thus ... 2*c^2 = b^2 ... Which implies that b^2 and then b are even.   
So we see 'here' that both a and b must 'then' be even.   But this contradicts that a/b was in lowest terms with NO common denominator (like 2 here).  So we conclude that sqrt(2) is NOT a rational number. 

As 'Exhibit A'...consider a sheet from a newspaper, covered with text ...

Note that I have chosen a very simple example, but this simple example actually does well demonstrate ... the very advanced concept of ... *undirected energy* !

Can successive mutations create any complex information holding structure?

Here is a simple little experiment you can readily do to see the effect of any mutation, (a change brought about in some pre-existing (info containing) structure by un-directed energy.)

You need just one sheet from some newspaper ... and perhaps two helpers to hold the sheet stretched out ... in the air ... in front of you ... one hand holding each corner.

Now you just take a random punch (or several random punches) through that stretched out sheet ...
and see if any new useful info was added ...
or if that paper is now as easy to read as it was before you punched a hole (or several holes) in it?

From the above, you can easily see that mutations (undirected energy) destroy information (and degrade the pre-existing designed plane sheet structure.)

But could you ever get that news sheet from random processes?

Well ... give your two helpers a 20 centimetre square corner torn from that sheet ...
and ask them to tear their squares into strips ...
then each strip into bits ...
then to hold their handful of bits head high ...
and drop the bits to the floor to see if they will ever assemble into the original torn corner piece?

Well ... pick up the pieces and try again ... until you are convinced that the original torn squares could never be constructed by any random process (i.e. any un-directed energy/process).

Well ... what about the 'survival of the fittest?'

Ha ... but can we ever get to some varied much higher and complex info containing structures ...  ?

Note that the simplest living thing is  ...
so very far more complex ...
WITH so superlatively much more info content

than our 'torn square' examples ...

Thus, we can readily see that even the simplest living thing will never occur by random processes.

So then ...
how can there ever be any 'selection' of the fittest ...
if we NEVER even get any where near started ...

(at any much lesser 'fit'
 and note: 'the start state'  must be complex enough and holding info enough to self replicate.)

And note also: DNA (etc) is needed to make all the varied proteins
AND
proteins are needed simultaneously so that the DNA (etc) will work ...

SO *ALL the many irreducibly complex information containing structures and components needed* MUST HAVE BEEN created/assembled ALL together at the same time ... for each created living kind to actually work,  (as in Genesis chapter 1.)

Really ...

there is NO excuse for Darwin and his followers, even though they had NO knowledge of the intricate design of proteins and DNA (etc) ...

because even an amoeba ... is far, far more complex than a printed sheet of paper ... (or ... just imagine designing the simplest anything ... that could replicate itself ...)

so they must have chosen to be 'will-fully ignorant' of their most awesome Creator ...

and now they await that time of the Great White Throne judgment day...

This will occur a little after 1000 years have passed ...

1000+ years after the soon coming event for all the blessed and holy children of God ...

these blessed ones are resurrected at the FIRST resurrection.

The Great White Throne Judgment Day arrives a little more than one thousand years later ...

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection. Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom [is] as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:1-15)

If Darwin and those at his time who followed him, will be so judged for rejecting their Creator, who gave them  ...and sustained their ... every breath ... of how much greater judgment shall befall those, who today, with the benefit of the present knowledge of information technology, energy and entropy, and the irreducibly intricate dependencies of DNA coding, proteins and all the other necessary components and structures  ... and delicate information and energy processing elements ... necessary to be ALL present at the same time?

qed

To go to the TOP page, just click on this next link ...

http://developers-heaven.net/forum/index.php/topic,2587.0.html

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:49:57 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 03:52:16 PM »
P.S.

Just to get a feel for the immensity of the barrier to random chance events, ever giving rise to life, consider the case of forming just one particular small protein, of 150 amino acid length, by undirected energy ...

Ok ... we have 20 different amino acids to choose from to form any protein ...

And 19 have 2 chiral forms, of which only the left handed form is found in life.

So we have (19*2 + 1)^150 possible combinations ... and let's say 1000 (of this length) will be useful ... since order of magnitude of proteins, of all lengths, is in the multiple thousands

i.e. 39^150 / 1000
i.e.  4.6 * 10^238 combinations of which only a particular 1000 of this length are useful

So odds are 1 in (4.6 * 10^235)
i.e. about 1 in (5  * 10^235)

Now ...

we need to get an upper limit to the reaction rate ...

Supposing one chance 150 amino acid length protein occurred,
every 10^(-10) secs  ....
(with unlimited numbers of the 20 amino acids, from which to start),

we would then need ....
5 * 10^225 secs to get to seeing the first one of these possible useful 1000

but it is claimed that the earth is only 4.5 * 10^9 years old
i.e. 1.4 * 10^17 secs old

But note, it is also claimed that there are only about 10^80 electrons in the entire universe.
So, lets wildly use that 10^80 number here as an upper limit to the number of amino acid 150 links occurring at the same time each 10^(-10) sec

So this (exceedingly excessive upper limit number) could reduce our estimate of the number of seconds needed to get our first randomly produced useful 150 amino acid chain
From 5 * 10^225 secs
To 5 * 10^145 secs (i.e. 3.6 * 10^128 ages of the earth)
Recall !!!  It is claimed the earth is only
     1.4 * 10^17 secs old (i.e. 4.5 billion years)

Do you now begin to see the emensity of the barrier to *undirected energy*
ever producing even one useful 150 amino acid (protein) chain ?

And that one protein, by itself, would still be absolutely useless!

To continue on to page 2,
please click on page '2' on lower left corner, below, of this page ...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:02:09 AM by David »

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 02:58:50 AM »
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God, and keep his commandments:
for this is the whole duty of man.

Ecclesiastes 12:13

And hereby we do know that we know him,
if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2

Deuteronomy  6:5  And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Deuteronomy  7:9  Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Deuteronomy  10:12  And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

Deuteronomy  11:1  Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.

Deuteronomy  30:6  And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Deuteronomy  30:20  That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Ezekiel 16:8  Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.

Micah 6:8  He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Zephaniah 3:17  The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Matthew 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mark 12:30  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Luke 10:27  And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

1 John 1

1 ¶  That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2  (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3  That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4  And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

5 ¶  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6  If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 ¶  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 2

1 ¶  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2  And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 ¶  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6  He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1 John 3:23  And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1 John 4:21  And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

John 14

21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22  Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.

Now ... please study the teaching of Yeshua/Jesus recorded for us in ...
Matthew chapters 5, 6 and 7
and in Luke 6:20-49

20 ¶  And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
21  Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
22  Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake.
23  Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
24  But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
25  Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
26  Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

27 ¶  But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28  Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29  And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.
30  Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31  And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32  For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
33  And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34  And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35  But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36  Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 ¶  Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
38  Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
39  And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
40  The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
41  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
42  Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
43  For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
44  For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
45  A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
46  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
47  Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
48  He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
49  But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:16:06 AM by David »